Kishtwar (Chenab Valley in Jammu Province, Jammu and Kashmir) produces on the most premium & highest quality of saffron. The quality of Kishtwar Saffron is superior to that of any other saffron grown in the world. It all depends upon the quality of Land, Climate of the place and technique of plucking Flowers, separating of Red and Yellow Carpels from the petals. It requires moderate rain during the period of the planting of bulbs and flowering.
Out of 156 revenue villages of Kishtwar district only few villages namely Matta, Hidyal, Tund, Nageni, Bera-Bhatta, Begana, Hatta, Pochhal, and Lach Daya Ram are famous for the production of Saffron. About 120 hectares of the cultivable land has been occupied for Saffron Cultivation in Kishtwar area making it the rarest of the rare saffron.
Features of Kishtwari Saffron
- One of the rarest of the rare saffron, grown in Kishtwar (Also called as the land of Saffron and Sapphire) region of Jammu & Kashmir where river Chenab flows (Chenab Valley)
- Kishtwar has the perfect land quality and climate for growing the highest quality saffron
- Comes directly from the farms of Kishtwar and is unprocessed and 100% natural, pure and has many health benefits
- Not produced in large quantity, grown only in few villages of Kishtwar.
- The Brand Alif empowers the small local farmers by helping them to market and sell their produce. Alif is a brand with a heart and mission
Health Benefits Of Saffron
- Promotes Mental Health: Mental stimulation is among the health benefits of saffron.
- Helps Prevent Macular Degeneration
- Benefits Skin: Antioxidants present in it has anti-aging properties; thus, keeping the skin supple and radiant.
- Prevents Hair Loss: It helps prevent hair from falling by strengthening each strand from root to tip.
- Saffron Has Hormonal Health Benefits: Saffron can influence the endocrine system to a certain extent and stimulate the release of certain hormones.
- Good for the Heart: It is rich in potassium, a key element in maintaining a healthy heart. Potassium dilates blood vessels and arteries, allowing blood pressure to decrease; thereby preventing atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes.
- During pregnancy: Saffron has an estrogen-like effect, which helps prioritize blood flow towards the pelvic area during pregnancy.