Shilajit is a Sanskrit word meaning “rock-invincible”, “conqueror of mountains” or “destroyer of weakness”. Shilajit the thick, sticky tar-like substance with blackish brown color is found primarily in the rocks of the Himalayas which is formed by the compression of organic material between the layers of rocks over thousands of years. During summer months, this biomass exudes out of the deep fissures in the Himalayan rocks and is then carefully collected from there. It has been used for centuries as a health booster and rejuvenating compound. Some of the ancient texts consider Shilajit as the “ Elixir of Evergreen life” In traditional Indian medicine, Ayurveda, Shilajit is considered to be Rasayana (rejuvenator), an adaptogen and a natural compound which increases the body’s natural resistance to the stress. It a also used as a natural supplement.
Modern scientific research has also validated the number of properties of Shilajit. According to Ghosal et al., 1995; Bhattacharya et al., 1995, Shilajit the natural photo complex also possess anti-oxidant properties.
Top Benefits of Shilajit.
- Himalayan Shilajit is classified as an adaptogen, thus it helps the body to adapt to both internal and external stress.
- Shilajit slows down the aging of the brain, Shilajit has been found to have an enzyme that breaks down the enzyme acetylcholine which is a neurotransmitter that is critical for brain function. Shilajit has been also shown to drive oxygen, minerals, and nutrients into the brain tissue and support the brain’s natural ability to drain potentially damaging proteins like beta-amyloid plaque and tau. Researchers also think that the fulvic acid found in Shilajit may stop the abnormal buildup of tau protein and reduce inflammation, potentially improving Alzheimer’s symptoms.
- In a clinical study of male volunteers between the ages of 45 and 55, half of the participants were given a placebo and half were given a 250 milligram (mg) dose of purified Shilajit twice a day. After 90 days of the study, it was found that participants receiving purified Shilajit had a significantly higher testosterone level compared to the placebo group.
- Himalayan Shilajit is also found out to fight chronic fatigue syndrome. Shilajit boosts your body’s mitochondrial function with Shilajit supplements may help improve energy levels.
- Shilajit is rich in fulvic acid which is anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory in nature. It also protects against free radicals and cellular damage.
- Shilajit has more than 85 minerals and has many other health benefits. It also acts as Anti-diabetic Anti-fungal and Anti-inflammatory. It also acts as Memory Enhancer, increases fertility and motility. It also helps to give pain relief and reduces anxiety.
Dissolve one gram of Shilajit in one glass of water or milk (preferably) to be taken before sleep.